Working for Miami-Dade.
Mayor Daniella Levine Cava has proven to deliver time and time again for our County. She has championed everyday issues and made our county government more transparent and effective for all residents.
Since taking office, Mayor Daniella Levine Cava has taken historic action to move Miami-Dade County forward.
- Passed historic tax cuts — the first property tax cut in over a decade and lowest combined rate since 1982 — to put more money back in our residents’ pockets
- Cut red tape to build a business-friendly environment in Miami-Dade County while investing in our County’s small businesses like expanding purpose driven procurement and launching our STRIVE305 program that helps business owners access capital, training, and more
- Launched “Broadband and Digital Equity Action Plan” to ensure our County is connected with high speed and affordable internet
- Worked to reduce gun violence through the “Peace and Prosperity Plan” which invests in our law enforcement, works to prevent crime, and launches public safety programs to keep our families safe
- Launched Operation Community Shield that helped take 2,500 guns off the street
- Tackled the affordable housing crisis by launching the “Miami-Dade County Affordable Housing Trust Fund,” the Emergency Rental Assistance Program that has helped 22,000 families, the “Building Blocks Plan” which works with the private sector to accelerate affordable housing development, and adopting our County’s first ever Tenant’s Bill of Rights
- Launched the Office of Housing Advocacy to help residents navigate their housing needs
- Expanded public transportation with new transit options, including more buses and a bus rapid transit system to South Dade
- Fought climate change by making climate-friendly investments such as converting our County’s transportation fleet to electric and investing in shore power at Port Miami
- Developing “Miami-Dade Climate Action Plan” to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across our County
- Led our County’s pandemic response and ensured we emerged one of the most recovered economies in the nation
- Promoted an inclusive County by creating a new office of Equity and Inclusion